Saturday, January 28, 2006

Lost

Here's a poem I wrote a few days ago, when I was feeling particular broken-hearted:

Lost, cutting myself off from everything I once loved
Hoping, and my only help is coming from above.
"What is wrong with this life?", I ask.
"All but few hide behind a mask"
"A mask of what?", my mind does wonder
Then these thoughts are cast asunder.
"Am one of those, of whom you speak?
Or have I truly begun to seek?"
To follow my King is what I wish,
for on His road, I will not miss.
But Lord, I have to quench this thirst,
I have wisdom I must seek first.
When is it my turn, my chance, my Lord?
A chance, for life, for love, or just not to be bored.
I feel emptier than I did before.
I wonder what I need, 'cause I know I want more
When is it my time, Oh Father above?
Will I find someone to love?
But Lord, I know I should not want,
And your ways, Lord, I cannot taunt.
I follow your footsteps, I'll walk in your path.
I'll let others know of your mercy and wrath.
I know I'm not humble, I claim to be great.
But I cannot even control my own fate.
My God, I'll admit, I need more of You!
And You say "You are one of my few."



-Eric

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks eric :)

Gregory said...

Sweet poem, Eric. I think I'll enjoy reading this blog of yours!

Anonymous said...

Eric,

this totally rox! i luv it so much its... wow! thanx 4 bein there 4 me and not givin up on me...cuz i need gud friends rite now.
I Love You (L)

Andrew said...

wow. that's... just wow.